Design for Accessibility
- Group size: Individual
- DUE: Monday, March 13, 11:59 PM.
For 24 hours, walk around town/campus only using handicap accessible pathways. No stairs inside (not even tiny steps). No hopping onto curves outside. Use only paved paths and sidewalks.
Create an annotated map (sketching, or using any digital tools you like) with the following information.
- At least 2-3 accessible ‘options’. This can be an entrance to a building, good crosswalk location, powered doors, etc.
- At least 2-3 problematic areas that you found. For example, you can’t enter through the front of Candler because of steps. For each problem, create a marker with an appropriate symbol (include an image and include a text description).
- As always: Your reflections as a Medium blog post. You do not need a demo video. Include your annotated map as well as reflections on the accessible and inaccessible examples you found. Be sure to reflect on the differences in the accessible and inaccessible paths.
- Grading: Grading will be based on a variation of the design rubric.